Welcome to my blog, I hope you like all of the goodies that I post here! To place an order, just e-mail me at Goodiesbypound@aol.com!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Birthday's in April

My husband a son both have their birthdays in April, plus several other family members, busy month for us.  My husband wanted Beef Bourginon for his bithday dinner so I thought I would show you all step by step how I made it for him.


Bacon and Sirloin Steak, any meal starting with this combination has to be good.  My husband, Aaron, is a bacon lover of the highest order!


Veggies, I used baby bella mushrooms, I think they have so much more flavor than white mushrooms. They have an almost beefy flavor that just adds to the Sirloin. The recipe calls for pearl onions, but I could not find any, fresh or frozen in my grocery store. I also had baby carrots in the house so I threw them in whole instead of chopping large carrots. I think the baby ones are sweeter anyway.

I deglazed the pan with red wine, I used Cabernet Sovignon, added beef stock, tomato paste and thyme. Then to thicken it a little I used softened butter with flour mashed into it (it was a birthday dinner after all, do calories really count?!) added the butter/flour mixture to the sauce and let thicken. Took less than a minuteto make the beautiful sauce.
Simmering away.  Smells so good in my kitchen. Everyone keeps coming in and asking when dinner is.

Served with crusty bread and a green salad.
Bon Appitite!
No birthday dinner would be complete without cake.  I made, as I do every year, a spice cake with cream cheese frosting.  Aaron's favorite!

Notice the number of candles? We did not want to burn the house down!  Just kidding honey! Our daughter put the candles on the cake.
Happy Birthday Aaron.

1 comment: