Welcome to my blog, I hope you like all of the goodies that I post here! To place an order, just e-mail me at Goodiesbypound@aol.com!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving!

Some of the stuffing from the turkey fell into the roaster and was covered in drippings.  So I mashed them up in the drippings, added flour, cooked the flour for a few minutes, to get rid of the raw flour taste, added homemade stock to make the best gravy my family has ever had.  Rave reviews!

Also made sweet potatoes with a strussel/pecan topping, yummy! And of course, PIES!!  Apple Caramel Crunch, Cherry (for my Dad!) Pumpkin, and pecan!

Today, making soup with sourdough croutons for dinner. I showed my kids how to make stock from the turkey bones!  I take some of the leftover stuffing, and with my stick blender, blend into the soup.  Makes a great thickener and give wonderful flavor to the soup.

Hope everone had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment