Welcome to my blog, I hope you like all of the goodies that I post here! To place an order, just e-mail me at Goodiesbypound@aol.com!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blueberry Mini Loaf

Loving that spring is on the way! Even though last night in Virginia it snowed! Just a little bit, but I hope it did not kill the flowers that have already started to grow. I guess that means that I have to start doing yard work. Maybe this year my flowers will look better than they have in the past. Our soil is so full of rocks it is hard to plant things. However, the large rocks are good for boarders around the flower beds and mail box.

I can not wait for all the summer fruit to be here. The blueberries that I used in the mini loaves for a Goodies by the Pound order were very good, a little on the tart side but a sprinkle of sugar on top of the loaves added a nice crunch as well as some more sweetness.

We live near a country farm, called Great Country Farms located in Bluemont, Va, about 10-15 minutes from our house. They have pick your own fruit in the summer, pumpkins in the fall and cut your own Christmas trees. We try to go for blackberries and peaches. Nothing like going down a line of peach trees and finding the best ones to fill up your basket. And going down the rows of blackberries is fun, trying to see who gets the largest berry. I see peach cobbler, and blackberry pies in my future. How about blackberry cobbler and peach pies? The possibilities are endless!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Elizabeth

1 comment: