Welcome to my blog, I hope you like all of the goodies that I post here! To place an order, just e-mail me at Goodiesbypound@aol.com!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Well, another March 17th has come around again. My Irish Mother would be proud that everyone in my family, well, except for my husband, is wearing green today.

I am going to try my hand at Corned Beef and cabbage for dinner tonight. I read a post on Twitter,  written by @chefphilosopher, on a way to make corned beef tender and not dry. He said to not boil the beef but to let it simmer for 2-3 hours instead.  I will let you know how it turns out.  I see Ruben sandwiches in my future for lunch. YUM, and for that, my Jewish Father, would be proud!

I am also going to make sauteed cabbage instead of the traditional boiled cabbage. I cut  up the cabbage like you are going to make coleslaw, cut a medium onion the same way, and mince 1-2 cloves of garlic. I saute mine in olive oil and butter both, it's a holiday right?, you can have extra calories. (I will go to my Zumba class tonight to make up for it!) I cook mine until very tender and some of the pieces are starting to brown. This gives so much flavor, and don't forget lots of salt and pepper.

I will put up pictures tomorrow to let you know how our meal turns out.

Again, Happy St. Patrick's Day,

Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment